The Graceland Baptist Church 2013/2014 AWANA club year is here!
- Who: All children from Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- What: Sparks - K-2nd Grades / T&T - 3rd-5th Grades
- Where: The Faith Factory (Children's Ministry Center)
- When: Wednesday nights 6:30PM - 7:30PM
- Why: To have a GREAT time getting to know God together!!!
This year, parents/guardians of all Nursery through Cubbies are expected to remain on campus.
LifeU classes are offered to help adults go deeper in their relationship with God while kids attend AWANA.
What is AWANA?
AWANA is a weekly children's program founded in 1950 with the goal of having children come to know, love, and serve Jesus Christ as Lord. AWANA is based on 2 Timothy 2:15 : Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed.
Each night, the children participate in:
- Handbook Time: Small group activities and memorizing God's Word.
- Council Time: A time for worshiping and hearing a message from God's source of truth, the Bible.
- Game Time: We demonstrate God's love as kids play games between the four color teams.
AWANA is on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. during the school year. Enrollment is always open. There are no dues, and the book and uniform cost approximately $24.
Purchase of books and vest is NOT mandatory to participate in Awana. Each week your student will receive a handout with information on what verses were discussed that night. If you have specific questions regarding this, or would like to sign your child up, please contact our Children's Pastor, Rob Tuma.
Let us take a moment to explain the way that the Awana Club’s Finances. Awana is meant to be a self-sustaining club, much like Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, where the clubbers are responsible for purchasing their own books, and uniforms. GBC has elected not to charge weekly dues in our club. These dues (@$25/child/year) would normally be used to help defray yearly Awana Club costs. In lieu of these dues, the church body graciously supports our club financially to help keep the costs down for our families. If finances present an issue, please contact Rob Tuma
We will not let costs stand in the way of any child participating in the Awana Program.
Early Childhood Programming: Super Seekers & Foxter's Friends click HERE.