Graceland Baptist Church
Saturday, July 26, 2014
1. Applicant, and applicant's family, must currently be regular attenders, active in service, and financially supportive as a member of Graceland Baptist Church for at least one year.
2. Scholarship funds must be used at Christian educational institutions that support, and adhere to, sound Biblical teachings. Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipients chosen Christian educational institution. Scholarship applications are available for kindergarten through college level.
3. Applications for scholarships for Christian educational institutions must be submitted between February 1st and February 28th of each year.
4. Applications for scholarship aide for elementary, middle school, high school and college level students must submit a copy of their latest report card with their scholarship application. A student must have at least a 2.0 GPA to be considered for an award.
5. Those applicants attending college must be full time students carrying a minimum of twelve (12) hours per semester.
6. All applications must be signed, dated and turned in to the church office during normal business hours.
Click HERE for a printable application form.
Available Scholarship Funds
The Elvis L. Marcum Scholarship Fund
Elvis L. Marcum was founder and administrator of the Abundant Life Community - Graceland Baptist Church and Graceland Christian Schools. God gave Elvis a vison for the community, a place where the needs of the total man coud be met: spiritually, physically, socially and mentally.
Pastor Marcum had a dream for a Christian school where the principles of God's Word would be taught as a foundation for academic excellence and he believed this school would prepare young people to become great Christians in whatever vocation they would choose. It was his desire that any child desiring a Christian education would be able to attend. Because of his great love for God and his desire that others know of that love, this scholarship fund was set up in his memory.
The Elvis L. Marcum Scholarship Fund is a permanently endowed scholarship. It's purpose is to assist needy and worthy students in obtaining a quality education. Each year several students will be selected by the Scholarship Committee to receive scholarships. As the fund grows, the scholarshps will increase to accommodate more students.
Any endowed scholarship fund is recognized at $5,000 and matures at $50,000. The principle is invested to generate the best possible returns. Major fund sponsors are informed annually of student benefactors and awards.
Thurman / Marcum Scholarship Fund
Brother and sister, Karl and Mary Evelyn, were well-known throughout Missouri as baton twirling prodigies. This talent was inspired by their father who was supervisor of music in the public schools in the 1930's. Spotlighted in the 40's and 50's they shared their talents across the country.
One of the places where Mary Evelyn shared her talents was here at Graceland. During her time here Pastor Marcum introduced her to Jesus. Graceland always held a special place in Mary Evelyn's heart. Because of that and with a heart for Christian education, scholarship funds were set up at their college Alma Mater and at Graceland. They serve as a reminder that "excellence can be achieved if you are committed to it".
Richards Scholarship Fund
As parents, we made a decision in 1986 that our children needed to be exposed to the same Christian principles and teachings, at school, as they were getting at home. Even though our children sometimes questioned why they couldn't go to a public school, our decision was rewarded when three years after graduating from college our youngest daughter told us how thankful she was that we had required her go to a Christian school. This reinforced our desire to help other students to be able to attend a Christian school, therefore we established a scholarship fund to be used solely for Christian education.
Train a child in the way he should go,and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6 NIV
I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
John 15:1-2 NIV